LG trees have a tree surgeon vacancy for a part time, self employed ground person / trainee tree surgeon / second climber. We are a personal, professional tree surgery company based in Stoke Newington, London, with consistently good feedback from customers (check out our reviews on Google).
Whoever fills this tree surgeon vacancy will start by supporting the main climber on jobs, which largely consists of working on the ground, processing cuttings. Once you have proven yourself on the ground we will soon consider you for some climbing work in addition. Initially we need someone one day each week, potentially soon rising to two probably non-consecutive days.
The successful candidate’s qualifications, skills, PPE, equipment and experience will determine their fixed pay rate per day, which will be between £80 and £120. If you’re starting out in tree surgery, this is a great opportunity to train with one of the best companies in the industry.
Ideally, candidates will be able to show some or all of the following:
- a love of and respect for trees and climbing them.
- relevant qualifications, including using a chainsaw from a rope and harness and current aerial rescue, and first aid, or be working towards them.
- Personal Protective Equipment: chainsaw helmet, chainsaw boots and chainsaw trousers.
- a full, LOLER certified climbing kit, including cambium saver, or planning to get one.
- an understanding of the fundamentals of pruning cuts and why correct placement is so important for tree health.
- both intelligence and common sense.
- the ability to learn quickly, able both to follow instructions and to act on own initiative.
- physical fitness and strength. Non smokers preferred.
- reliability, and punctuality. The work day starts at 07.30 in N16, Hackney, and lasts about eight hours.
- an excellent work ethic, including taking pride in consistently working hard in a focused and efficient manner. You will have respect for safety, equipment, colleagues, and customers and their property. You will also have an eye for detail. And a positive, proactive approach towards getting the job done, whether that is in the tree, on the ground, or sharpening a chainsaw.
- an appreciation of our company ethos. See www.LGtrees.co.uk .
Might this be you? Then please email your CV with contact details for two references, chainsaw qualifications and driving license if you have them to info @ LGtrees.co.uk (remove the two spaces either side of the ‘@’; I’ve done this to avoid spam robots). Please explain what makes you the best candidate for the job. Due to limited administrative capacity we will only be able to respond to candidates we select for interview.